Friday, February 20, 2009

Wilton Couse 1 Class 2

Last night I had my second Wilton class. It was the first class where we got to "play" with the icing. We practiced different piping techniques, learned how to start a rose (well finish next week) and learned how to transfer images to a cake using clear piping gel. That was very interesting and fun. All in all it was a lot of fun.


I brought the cake into work today, since I didn't want to have this yummy thing sitting around the house all weekend... that would just lead to disaster. There were two people in my building that had a birthday this week, so it was sort of a birthday treat.

After the damage was done. Oh don't worry, that last piece won't go to waste!


My boss brought a piece of cake home to his daughter. She loved the cake, so she made me this adorable picture. How sweet, I already have fans.


Next week we have the option of bringing in a cake or cupcakes. I haven't decided what I want to do yet. We are going to learn how to finish making a rose, make full-body clowns and leaves, I believe. We'll have to see what I end up deciding on. Jeremy might be bringing a cake/cupcakes to work next week.

I hope that everyone has a nice weekend, even thought it sounds like it is going to be cold and yucky.
~Rachel


No comments: