Tuesday, March 4, 2008

How we met

As told by Rachel:
The story of how we met is rather interesting. I believe a 'Thank You' is in order for Amy G. She was the first person that had ever told me about him. However, she wasn't telling me about him, you see, Amy really liked him. I was finally introduced to Jeremy at a New Year's Eve party in 2001. I didn't meet Jeremy again until one of my other friends introduced me to him, in February. I still wasn't making the connection that this was “the Jeremy” I had heard so much about from Amy. I really felt a strong connection to Jeremy. He had invited my friend Steph and me to his graduation party, even though it wasn't for a few months yet. So he wrote down his address and phone number on a piece of paper and promised that we would be invited. Once I had made the connection with who this Jeremy was, I immediately told myself that I couldn't like this guy. I held back those feelings for a little while, although I would run into him on the weekend and hang out with him at both of our high school proms. Finally, around the time Jeremy had graduated from high school, I couldn't hold back anymore. There was something about him that had drawn me to him.
One Saturday afternoon, the phone rang, I answered it and there was a guy on the phone asking for me. It was Jeremy, I did all I could to compose myself while I was on the phone, he asked if I would like to go with him to a graduation party that a friend of ours was having. Of course I agreed, not only because I could go with him, but I knew my way around Celina, unlike him.
That summer was the best summer of my life. We went to all the local picnics and festivals together and spent allot of time with our friends. Finally, after 'a good talkin' to' from my friend Brooke, Jeremy worked up the courage to ask me out. That was the night of June 23, 2002. On our wedding day, we will have been together for 6 Years, 3 Months, 3 Weeks & 4 Days. (Those of you who know me really well, know that I am very obsessive about numbers and dates.)

No comments: