Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's Been Awhile... Sorry!

Sorry, I know it has been a little while since I have posted anything on here. I sort of took a break from “wedding planning” since I had gotten a lot of stuff done at first.

I also wanted to let you know, in case you are wondering where some of the old posts have gone. If you go to the very bottom of this page, you will see a link for Older Posts that will bring you to the posts that are missing.

Jeremy & I stopped at the Minster KofC hall last month to check it out, it happened to be decorated for a wedding, which was really neat to see. I loved the way they had it decorated. They used white paper lanterns and hung them from the ceiling above the dance floor and head table area. The hall has a wire hanging from the ceiling, and they just hung all the lanterns from that. It was really neat they way they decorated. So Jeremy and I talked about it and have decided that we will go ahead and decorate the ceiling that same way. I think that I might do most all of the decorating myself. I haven’t decided 100% yet, but we still have time to figure that one out. And we are also going to string lights on the inside of the wire to add some additional “flare” to the ceiling.
Here is a picture of what I am going for:

This is also very similar, except all of the paper lanterns will be white. There will be different sizes hung at different lengths:

One other thing that Jeremy & I are trying to figure out is where to take our honeymoon. We want to do something that will provide us with allot of attractions to see. We don’t want to go and just sit on some beach; we really want to do something different and entertaining. We had always thought about going to Alaska, but in October it is too cold to go there. It is hurricane season in October, so that also limits us a little. We both would like to go somewhere that we don’t have to worry about a communication barrier, we would hate to be in a situation where we would get lost of need to talk with someone and have problems communicating. We have been talking about Ireland, but that is at the high end of our “budget” but we know that we would defiantly get our moneys worth there. But we aren’t sure. We haven’t really thought of too many other places. One place we had thought about, Merida (in Mexico), would be in an area that we would have to be worried of hurricanes. And as many hurricanes as we have been having lately, I don’t know that we should try to chance it. So we are sort of lost as to where we should go on our honeymoon. If anyone has suggestions, leave a comment or let one of us know.

For now we will just continue thinking of a honeymoon destination.

Hopefully it won’t be long and I will have more pictures to post of actual decorations for our wedding.

Have a Great week and enjoy the lovely weather. I know I am!
~Rachel

No comments: